RECIPE: CHRISTINE CAPENDALE
IMAGES: ANITA REED/DISNEY CHANNEL
- 80 g bulgur wheat
- 80 g quinoa
- 400 ml water
- 150 g cooked, drained chickpeas
- 100 g cooked, drained lentils
- 50 ml chopped mint
- 50 ml chopped parsley
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate OR one small pomegranate
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 30 ml pomegranate molasses
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 15ml Honey
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 ml Dijon mustard or any mild mustard
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- TO SERVE: 60 ml crispy onion rings or flakes
- 100 g feta cheese, cubed
- Extra mint for garnish
- Add the bulgur wheat, quinoa and the water to a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil on medium heat. Add some salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes with lid on the saucepan until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa and bulgur wheat into a large bowl to cool down quickly.
- After a few minutes add the chickpeas, lentils, mint, parsley and the pomegranate seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small jug and mix well.
- Add the dressing and toss through the salad.
- Serve the salad topped with the crispy onion, feta cheese and some mint as garnish.