I am so excited about this Maldives holiday that I can barely think anymore. I am imagining blue waters, white beaches and long cocktails in my hand.
Everything is now finalised:
- Flights to & from Singapore/JHB (thank you Singapore Airlines!)
- Flights to & from Male/Singapore
- Hotel in Male, Maldives
- Hotel on Maafushi at the lovely Kaani Beach Hotel
- Some nights at the Adaaran Club Rannalhi water villas (yeah, I said it) – with their very expensive speedboat transfers!
- Back in Male at the same hotel, Laze
- Someone to stay with our 3 beloved kittens
- Small suitcases as we are only taking overhead baggage
- I have even sorted which bikinis will make the trip!
- Packing lists are done
- Travel Insurance done (with TIC because it is free with my credit card purchases)
Still need to do for the Maldives trip:
- Health insurance closer to the time (also free with Discovery)
- Get some forex (USD)
I really should have gotten some sun before going, but you really just can’t have everything.
So how much are we spending on this trip? Well, since my SA/Singapore flights are free the whole 12 day holiday is costing us under R30k including all ferries and extra spending money. It is still a bit extravagant, but we will probably travel less once baby arrives.