Saying that I am excited about the new Barbie movie is a gross understatement! According to a an article I came across, the set creators of “Barbie The Movie” took their dedication to the next level by incorporating an unprecedented amount of pink into every aspect of the film. So much so, in fact, that it reportedly caused a temporary shortage of pink in the market – and let me tell you, I find that absolutely awesome!
Let me tell you, I want that MEGA Barbie Dream House. I have all the other Mega Barbie sets and just love building them with Lexa. I know that Lily would absolutely freak out if I bring home the Hot Wheels Barbie Corvette remote control car – no Barbie will have to take a Jeep ever again.
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) announced today a new collection from across the portfolio of Mattel brands inspired by the highly anticipated “Barbie The Movie”. Created in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures, Barbie The Movie debuts in theaters nationwide on July 21st.Fans can now take home a part of Barbie The Movie and play out even more stories with toys from brands including UNO®, Hot Wheels®, Fisher-Price®, MEGA™, and Barbie.
The line of “Barbie The Movie” dolls features look fans will see in the movie, reflecting the signature styles of Barbie, Ken, and new characters as they traverse through Barbie Land and beyond. The collection emulates the Barbiecore™ and Ken-ergy™ felt in the feature film, from their first-look outfits to the matching sets worn in the movie. The collection features several recognizable and must-have accessories, including a mini replica of Barbie doll’s iconic three-story Dreamhouse™ from MEGA and a stunning pink RC Corvette® from Hot Wheels.
“Barbie The Movie is a monumental moment for the brand, and we cannot wait for fans to experience Barbie like never before on the big screen,” said Lisa McKnight, Executive Vice President, and Global Head of Barbie & Dolls, Mattel. “The new line of Barbie The Movie Mattel toys perfectly captures the fun and joy of Barbie that is at the heart of the film. This collection allows fans of all ages to celebrate their favorite characters and scenes from the movie. What an incredible way to kick off the summer of Barbie!”
Barbie The Movie doll line includes:
- Barbie The Movie Doll Pink Gingham Dress: Models a vintage-inspired pink and white gingham dress, complete with daisy chain necklace and pastel pink heart-adorned pumps.
- Barbie The Movie Ken Doll Pastel Stripe Matching Set: Wears a beachy, pink and mint green striped matching set with surfboard in tow.
- Barbie The Movie Doll Plaid Matching Set: Touts an impeccably coordinated three-piece matching pastel plaid set with puffy skirt, cropped jacket, and matching blouse.
- Barbie The Movie Ken Doll Denim Matching Set: Clad in an all-Demin look with an open vest and matching light wash jeans, featuring a glimpse of iconic Ken boxers.
- Barbie The Movie Doll Gold Disco Jumpsuit: Shines in a sequined disco jumpsuit featuring big disco hair, metallic jewelry and golden heels.
- Barbie The Movie Doll Pink Western Outfit: Wears an eye-catching, Western-themed matching pink denim vest and flare jeans with a cowboy hat and boots.
- Barbie The Movie Doll Gloria Pink Power Pantsuit: Looks fierce in a three-piece pink suit featuring satiny blazer, matching blouse, and pinstriped trousers with fashionably split cuffs.
- Barbie The Movie Ken Doll Gold and White Disco Tracksuit: Embodies luxe quality and casual style in a white tracksuit with metallic gold color-blocked sleeves and a shiny “K” accent to add star power to the ensemble.
- Barbie The Movie Doll President in Pink and Gold Dress: Wears a full, satiny gown that features a sparkly off-shoulder bodice and shimmery gold accents that trail down her skirt.
- Barbie The Movie Fashion Pack: Includes three iconic Barbie outfits from the movie: a blue and white sundress, gingham pink blouse and short set, and dreamy pajama outfit.
- Barbie The Movie Pink Corvette Convertible: Featuring a curvy retro silhouette and pink paint job, with film-inspired details like white wall tires and chrome rimes.
Along with Barbie items inspired by the characters in “Barbie The Movie,” Mattel is also releasing a collection of products celebrating the live action feature film across the larger Mattel portfolio, including:
- UNO Barbie The Movie: Deck features graphics inspired by characters and scenes from Barbie The Movie – including a special “Played With Too Much” rule that will have players both discarding and drawing cards.
- Little People Collector Barbie The Movie: Bringing four of the film’s iconic characters down to Little People figure size and styled in memorable outfits including Barbie, President Barbie, Ken, and Gloria.
- Barbie The Movie MEGA Dreamhouse: Buildable replica of Barbie’s iconic 3-story DreamHouse as seen in the film, including spiral staircase, pool, and slide.
- Barbie The Movie Hot Wheels RC Barbie Corvette: Radio-controlled 1956 Corvette Stingray that can fit two Barbie dolls to create authentic road trips with Barbie.
- Barbie The Movie Hot Wheels Die-Cast Pink Corvette in 1:64 Scale: Features Barbie deco – in Barbie pink – as a Hot Wheels 1:64 scale die-cast car.
The Mattel collection of “Barbie The Movie” products, available in collectible packaging, will be at selected South African retailers nationwide from Mid-June.
In continued celebration of “Barbie The Movie,” Mattel will also be releasing an array of movie-themed products with over 100 brand partners across fashion, beauty, accessories and more starting this month.