Traveling isn’t always about going to the most explored (touristy) places – sometimes it is about finding gems that other tourists find too daunting to travel to and maybe see and experience something new.
- I read about this little Swiss village called Corippo. Right now they have less than 20 residents and almost all are pensioners. However, since the town is still intact they want to convert the empty houses to accommodation for tourists. This would be such a lovely escape living amongst the locals in an original Swiss home! Read the full article here.
- I have never used AirBnB – but the thought of being able to rent an island has me seeing coconuts! I would love to be able to rent an island for a week and just lounge about. I think that is my ultimate type of holiday. Check out this list on AirBnB.
- Ghost towns… they really fascinate me and one day I would like to visit a few – especially Kolmanskop in Namibia! Check out these ghost towns from Austria to the US and beyond.
- Just because a country is the least visited in the world… doesn’t make it an ugly duckling. This article from MailOnline has really opened my eyes.
- A town called Trier… I love architecture and history – and Trier is smack-bang packed with all that. Here is the official tourism website, but you can also read about it here and here.
I really have so many places to go, things to do that I don’t think it is even possible to get it all ticked off!