I have nothing against my in-laws, but I really dislike having houseguests – especially if I am working fulltime and then go home to find people that I still need to keep company.
They are arriving today, literally a day after we came back from the Maldives. Seriously.
This is my plan for relaxing and not showing any frown lines while they visit:
- Use my Mowana Spa sugar rubs – because I roll that way
- Stay away from coffee, because I become much shorter fused than usual on the good stuff
- Let my husband do all the cooking, because it is his parents after all
- Feign tiredness early at night to make a getaway and get to bed by 8
- Hide cat cookies on the coach they sit, they dislike cats and my cats love cookies
- Have a secret stash of chocolates in my bedside drawer and regularly treat myself for good behaviour
- Drink more wine
- “Work late” and go shopping instead