I have a mutually non-loving relationship with my Mother-in-law. She can’t stand that I call her out on BS and I can’t stand her.
I don’t know what it is exactly about her that makes me see red, but there are a number of things that have me laughing.
- So the other day she makes my husband a banana sandwich. He asked for a closed sandwich showing 2 hands closing on each other. She cut it in halve and put the open half back in the fruit basket and took one slice and folded it over.
- She goes Da-Da-Da to attract the attention of her husband.
- They visited her other son for a braai and the kid came back with 2 mozzie bites. Her explanation, it takes 24 hours for a mozzie bite to show so it must’ve happened the day before. We don’t really have mozzies at our place and she has never had a bite.
- She cannot walk without shoes – we live above another family – because her feet will get dirty (TBH I walk without shoes in my home all the time and my feet seems to be cleaner than when I walk outside). Instead, just to annoy me, she clacked the whole 2 weeks morning, noon and night.
- I couldn’t put down a glass on my coffee table without her rolling her eyes and taking it away.
- She wanted to wrap the kid in a warm onesie, because it gets colder in the morning. Unfortunately it hovered at the 28 degrees mark until around one in the morning. When my dear husband pointed it out, she went off into a wailing “I can never do anything right…” tirade. I cannot stand high pitched moaning.
I had to bite my tongue so many times – I barely know how I made it through two whole weeks. They are home safely far, far away from me.